Ausangate Best Trek 4 Days is a magical route in the Vilcabamba – Cusco mountain range. It allows you to explore virgin and beautiful areas that are only visited by few travelers who make the hike.
The hiking continues through an ancient Inca trail and takes us through fantastic views of many snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, many lagoons and mountains of different colors and high Andean communities.
Ausangate Best Trek 4 Days will be unforgettable holidays with excellent services of an expert guide in hiking, professional cook and with the total kindness of the locals who will be in commission to drive the horses that will transport our camping equipment.
First Day: Reception Cusco Airport – City tour Cusco.
- Welcome reception at the Cusco airport (CUZ) and transfer to the hotel.
- 1:20 pm. Start of city tour Cusco.
- 6:00 pm. Return to Cusco Hotel.
Second Day: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo) – Machu Picchu.
- 8:20 a.m. Our staff will pick you up from your hotel.
- 8:30 a.m. Start of the sacred valley tour.
- 12:00 pm. Buffet lunch
- 3:45 pm. The tour ends.
- 4:36 pm. The departure of the train to Machu Picchu.
- 6:10 p.m. Arrival al Machu Picchu
- 7:30 pm. Meeting with the guide.
Third Day: Machu Picchu – Cusco.
- This morning, you will choose the hotel’s departure time.
- 6:00 am. The Machu Picchu gate opens.
- 25 minutes by bus to Machu Picchu.
- 2 horas Guide service.
- 2:30 pm, 7:00 pm or 8:20pm. The schedules of the return train from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo.
- One and a half hour. Travel by bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
Fourth Day. Maras, Moray – Salta Mines.
- 8:30 am. We will leave Cusco.
- 2:30 pm. We will return to Cusco.
Fifth Day: One Day Hiking.
- 3:40 am. Our staff will pick you up from your hotel.
- 7:00 am. Breakfast.
- 3 hours hike to the rainbow mountaintop.
- 2:20 pm. Lunchtime.
- 6:00 pm. arrival at Cusco.
Sixth Day: Free day – Airport or Bus Terminal.
- At the indicated time, transfer from the hotel to the Cusco airport.
DAY 01. Cusco – Tinki – Pajchanta Hot Springs – Qomerccocha.
To start Ausangate Best Trek 4 Days, our private mobility will pass by your hotel at 7 in the morning, then we will travel towards the highest mountain in the Cusco region.
the trip by bus will take us 3 hours until hot springs of Pajchanta, where we will able to enjoy thermo-medicinal waters and on a half day we will go to taste the first delicious meals of our cook (lunch).
Later we will move to our Qomerqocha camp, it will take us around 2 and a half hours, walking slowly on a light road, but with fantastic views of the huge snow-capped mountains.
At 4:00 in the afternoon, we will settle into our tents, then we will enjoy the magnificent views of the sunset and at 6 pm we will have our dinner.
- Pajchanta Hot Springs. 4,320 meters /14,137 ft.
- Qomerqocha (Green Lagoon). 4,590 meters /15,055 ft.
- Hiking length. 6 km /3.7 miles.
- Trekking time. 2 hours and a half.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner.
DAY 02. Qomerccocha – Janpa pass – Huchuy Phinaya.
Today we will wake up at 5:30 a.m., we will drink coca tea to get some energy and our breakfast, at 7 a.m., and we will begin to trek among the colorful lagoons and huge snow-clad picks.
As we go up to the highest point of today’s hike (Janpa Pass 01 meters), we will enjoy beautiful landscapes and high Andean animals.
At noon, we will enjoy our lunch in Janpa Pampa, then we will continue downhill next to the small river of fresh water and among hundreds of South American Camelids and finally, we will arrive at Huchuy Pjinaya where we will spend the second night.
At 5:30 pm. we will have hot drinks and at 6:00 p.m. our second dinner and camp night.
- Jhanpa Pass. 5,010 meters / 16,433 ft
- Huchuy Phinaya. 4,510 m /14,793 ft
- Trekking time. 8 hours
- 12 km /7.5 miles
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and snacks.
DAY 03. Huchuy Phinaya – Palomani pass – Ausangate Qocha – Ananta.
Our sunrise will be wonderful because we will able to see in 100% to Ausangate Mountain which is the highest in the Cusco region and fifth in Peru (6,374 meters / 20,907 feet).
At 6 am. We will take our energetic breakfast, then begin to ascend to Palomani Pass the highest point of our trekking. From here, you will have beautiful panoramic views in 360 ° and if you are in perfect conditions you can climb 150 meters more to be very close to the glacier.
After taking many pictures, we will go down to Ausangate Qocha where we will rest for lunch, then we will continue to Ananta where we will spend our third night and at 6:00 p.m. We will have our last dinner and camp.
- Palomani Pass. 5,210 meters /17,010 ft
- Ananta Campsite 4,650 meters /15,252 ft
- Hiking time. 7 hours
- 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Foods: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and snacks.
DAY 04. Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Ananta – Chillca pass – Yana Qocha.
At 5:30 am. We will take our last breakfast, then we will start the trek by the last stretch of our journey.
In the rainbow mountain, we will try to be before 8:30 a.m. to take good pictures because after 9:00 a.m., this place is totally crowded, for that we will already be heading towards the red valley which is another natural wonder. Here we will have enough time to contemplate the beauty of the geological formation.
Approximately at 11 in the morning, we will begin to descend towards the community of Pampachiry where we will have our last lunch, then the saddest moment will come because we will say goodbye to our cook and muleteers and we will take our private bus to Cusco arriving at approximately 6 o’clock p.m.
- Rainbow Mountain. 5,025 meters / 16,482 ft
- 11 km / 6.9 miles
- Time of the walk 6 hours
- Foods: Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks.
- Bus to Cusco. 3 hours
- Brief information about hiking a day before the start.
- Bus Cusco – Pajchanta / Upis Hot Springs – Cusco
- Multilingual professional guide.
- Professional Cook (1 assistant for a group more than 8 people).
- Horses to transport the camping equipment.
- Food: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners, sandwiches (optional vegetarian at no additional cost).
- Tents for dining room and kitchen.
- Chairs and dining table.
- 1 tent 4 stations for 2 people.
- 1 mat
- First aid kit.
- An oxygen ball
- Ticket to Ausangate Natural Park and mountain of colors.
It not include
- Sleeping bags (we can rent you).
- Travel insurance: we recommend you to take out travel insurance during the time of your hike.
- Personal stuff.
- Additional horse.
- Walking sticks.
- Breakfast on the first day, dinner on the last day.
- Tips for the guide and the horsemen (optional)
Ausangate Best Trek 4 Days Prices
All are private Service and the prices vary according to the size of your Group.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU BOOK WITH||PRICE IS IN US DOLLARS|
|2 Explorers||USD 600.00 per person|
|3 Explorers||USD 580.00 per person|
|4 Explorers||USD 560.00 per person|
|5 Explorers||USD 540.00 per person|
|6 Explorers||USD 520.00 per person|
|7 Explorers||USD 500.00 per person|
|8 to + Explorers||USD 480.00 per person|
Things that we can rent you
- Sleeping bag for the entire tour. We can rent you. USD 20
- Single Tent Supplement, we can also rent it. USD 30 for the entire tour
- If you want to rent an extra horse to ride. USD 90 for 4 days.
- Walking sticks. US$ 15 for the entire hike.
You have to take, in your lightweight backpack.
- Long pants.
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- plastic bags.
- Personal medications.
- Walking shoes or tennis shoes.
- Walking sticks
- Hat or cap.
- thick socks.
- Bottle of water.
- Toilet paper.
- Camera with extra charger y
- Some cash in small bills (soles).