Here we have an excellent tourist package for hiking lovers. Hiking through the Rainbow Mountain 2 days and the snowy of Ausangate. In these 2 days hike, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the southern Andes exclusively of Ausangate Mountain and its lagoons, which is the highest peak in Cusco. You will also have the option of going in the early morning to the Rainbow Mountain to take pictures when nobody is there and finally go down through the red valley, which is a fantastic and little-visited place. In this trek, we will ascend to a maximum height of 5,020 meters.
FIRST DAY. Cusco – Qheshiyuno – Chillka Pass or Ausangate viewpoint – Ananta.
- 4:00 am. Pick up from the Hotel in Cusco
- 3 hours. of travel from Cusco to the Community of Qheshiyuno
- 8:00 am. the hiking start (3 hours uphill to Chillka pass or Ausangate viewpoint)
- 11:30 am. start of the descent from Chillka pass to Ananta campsite
- 13:00 hrs. Lunchtime
- 17:30 hrs. hot coffee time
- 18:30 hrs. dinner and overnight in tents
SECOND DAY. Ananta – Rainbow Mountain 2 days – Red Valley – Hanchipacha Village – Cusco
- 5:00 am. awake with coca tea
- 5:30 am. breakfast
- 6:00 am. the hiking start toward Rainbow Mountain (2 hours and a half)
- 8:30 am. arrival at Rainbow Mountain
- 9:30 am. the start of the descent by the red valley to Hanchipacha village
- 12:30 hrs. Lunchtime in the Hanchipacha village
- 14:00 hrs. Return back by bus to Cusco
- 18:00 hrs. Arrival in the city of Cusco – Hotel
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Qheshiuno – Ausangate trek – Blue Lagoon – Qheshiuno.
To start this Rainbow Mountain 2 days trek, we will pick you up early at 4 a.m., from any hotel where you are spending the night in Cusco.
It will be a trip of three and a half hours in our private mobility until Pitumarka town. Here we will stop for a light breakfast, after breakfast, we will continue on our bus until we reach the end of the road, from there, we start the uphill trek for three hours until we reach the highest point of our route Chillka Pass or Ausangate mountain viewpoint and from here we will have fantastic views of the Ausangate mountain, small colored lagoons, red and rocky hills. We can also see alpacas, vicuñas, and birds from the Andes.
After photographing, we will begin to descend to leave for 1 hour and a half until Ananta, which is the place of our lunch and camp.
- 5 hours trek time
- 7 km away
- Maximum altitude. 5,000 meters (Chillca Pass or viewpoint of the snowy Ausangate)
SECOND DAY: Qheshiuno – Rainbow Mountain 2 days– Red Valley – Qheshiuno – Cusco.
Today we will get up at 5 a.m. and we will have breakfast at 5:30 a.m.
After the pleasant breakfast, we will begin to walk uphill for 1 hour until the Warmisaya Pass (4,980 masl). From here we may already see in the distance to the Rainbow Mountain. Also on this tour, we will pass through small lagoons full of wildlife and finally reach the Rainbow Mountain.
We will be the first to photograph and then we will start descending for 2 hours and a half through the red valley to the Hanchipacha town, which is the place of our lunch and where we will take our bus back to Cusco city.
The arrival to the city of Cusco will be approximately at 18:00 hrs.
- Walking time. 5 hours and 30 minutes
- 11km away /6.8 miles
- Maximum altitude. 5,020 meters / 14,466 ft (Rainbow Mountain)
- Food: Breakfast and Lunch
What’s Included in this package
- Pick up from your hotel
- Round Trip Transportation in our private van
- Professional Tour Guide
- Buffet Lunch
- Hot drinks
- First aid kit medication
- Oxygen bottle
- Entrance fee
- Horse for emergencies
What’s not Included in this package
- Feeding not mentioned
- Walking sticks (we can rent you)
- Sleeping bags (we can also rent you)
- Tips (optional)
All services are personalized (private) and the price varies according to the group size.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU BOOK WITH||PRICE IS IN US DOLLARS|
|2 People||USD 290.00 per person|
|3 People||USD 260.00 per person|
|4 People||USD 240.00 per person|
|5 People||USD 220.00 per person|
|6 People||USD 200.00 per person|
|7 People||USD 180.00 per person|
|8 to + People||USD 160.00 per person|
- You have to be in Cusco at least 2 days before
- You have to drink a lot of coca tea.
What you should bring
- Small backpack
- warm clothes
- Impermeable jacket
- Trekking shoes
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat
- Toilet paper
- hand sanitizer
- Sun cream
- Extra money (soles)